- Color Chart
- After ordering my carport or steel building, how long will it take for delivery? During the winter season, the eta tends to be longer than normal at approximately 4-8 weeks depending on the weather and the workload in your area. Please note that this is an estimated time of delivery and everyone works very hard to get your order built and installed at your location as soon as possible.
- Is it required for me to have a concrete slab to order a carport or steel building? No. We offer mobile home and concrete anchors that can be certified for installation on dirt, gravel or asphalt.
- When pouring my concrete, what size should the slab be? The concrete slab should be a minimum of 6” larger each direction than the overall unit size. Note: The length of the base rail is always 1' shorter than the roof line of the structure. Example: 12' x 21' foot print is 12' x 20' So your concrete would need to be poured at 12' 6" x 20' 6"
- What is the maximum leg height I can have on my structure? United Carports can Install up to 14’ legs. Depending on the width, your peak height will usually be 2’-3’ higher at the peak compared to your leg height.
- Can adjustments be made to the legs if the ground is not level? Our installers can adjust the legs up or down 2”-3” on the bottom rail of the carport or steel building. Level ground is still preferred for when our installers show up on the install day.
- What is the roof pitch of my carport or steel building? It is approximately a 3/12 pitch. The roof pitch will vary a little depending on the width of your carport or steel building structure.
- What are the dimensions on my carport from side to side? For example: If your structure is 20’ x 41’, the building will measure from outside to outside of the 20’. For the length, the building has 6” of overhang of roofing on the front and back. This will make the measurement of the baserail outside to outside 40’ in length.
- Can we install the carport ourselves and is there a discount? Yes. In most locations, we will drop off the unit and issue a discounted rate on your order. We also send detailed instructions to help you through the installation process. (OR, WA, ID excluded)
- Can I add options on to my carport or steel building once I’ve installed? Yes, but there will be a return trip / delivery fee.
- After ordering my carport is my deposit refundable? United Carports does not give refunds on deposits after 7 days. You are provided with a three-day right to cancel under the "Home Solicitation Sales Act" with your contract for a full refund. Within the 7 day grace period all monies will be refunded except for a transaction and processing fee of $50 or 25% of the deposit amount, whichever is greater. United Carports reserves the right to cancel any order placed through unitedcarports.com for any price discrepancy over $20
- Will my carport or steel building be anchored to the ground or my concrete slab? Yes. Non-certified carports have rebar pin anchors for ground installations but may be upgraded to mobile home anchors / asphalt anchors for an additional charge. If the structure is going on concrete, we will use wedge anchor bolts to secure the structure. Certified carports will need to have mobile home anchors if being installed on ground. Our engineer will determine how many anchors you will need to meet your local wind and or snow loads.
- A-frame Trim: A-frame trim is used as a finishing touch on boxed eve carports. The trim provides a boxed eve look. (For WA, OR and ID trim is only installed on the front and back end of the roof. Trim can be purchased for the sides of the roof at an additional cost.
- Base Rails: The square tubing that the legs of the carport sit on.
- Bow / Truss: A bow is a single piece of square tubing bent to make the roof of the carport.
- Concrete Anchors: Also called wedge bolts or strong bolts, these are used when a carport or steel building is installed on a new or existing concrete slab.
- Corner Braces: Corner braces help reinforce the shear movement from side to side. Four 2’ long corner braces come standard on all carports, and more are available at an additional cost. Carports with legs higher than 8’ or in high wind areas should upgrade to 3’ long corner braces on every leg.
- Double Truss or Double Bow System: Double trusses are used in our triple wide carports and site specific engineered structures. These are designed to provide additional support to our wider bow units.
- Gable Ends: A horizontal panel that extends from the top of the legs up to cover the gable opening on the end of the structure. Also, we can install an extended gable end which is 2 or more gables on the end.
- Garage Door / Roll Up: Our commercial garage doors roll up into a cylinder above the opening rather than pulled back along a track like traditional home garage doors. Additional leg height may be needed to fit the door of your choice.
- Header: Headers are used to support the weight of the trusses when the openings or cut-outs are on the side of the building and as well as all garage door openings.
- L-Trim: This is used to cap the ends of regular style carport to provide a finished look. L-Trim is also used around the edges of the garage doors, walk in’s, and windows. It is also used on portions of the A-frame model carports.
- Legs: Legs are the wall framing tubes that elevate the top portion of the carport. They connect with the bows / truss to support the roof.
- Mobile Home Anchors: 30” auger anchors made to secure the carport when it is being installed on the ground. Mobile home anchors cannot be used for installation on concrete.
- Paneling: Panels are 29 gauge steel and are 3' wide by our standard lengths of 21’, 26’, and 31’. Panels are available in 12 different colors. Color availability may vary depending on location.
- Peak Braces: Peak braces are installed at the center bend of the bow on all structures to reinforce the roof. They are also sometimes referred to as center braces.
- Rebar Pin Anchor: Rebar anchors are approximately 3’ pieces of steel with a 5/8” nut welded on one end, which is used to anchor the carport to the ground and asphalt.
- Ridge Cap: Ridge caps are used on vertical roof carports to cover the cap at the peak of the roof where each side of the roofing panels meet.
- Tubing: Our carports are made standard with 14 gauge 2 ½” x 2 ½” square tubing. At additional cost, carports can be made with stronger 12 gauge 2 ¼” x 2 ¼” square tubing.
- Walk in Doors: Our walk in door size is a mobile home 32” x 72” door. Available in some areas 36” x 80” standard exterior home door.
- Windows: When installing optional windows, the standard window size is 30” x 30”. Available in some areas are 36” x 36” vinyl windows. If you have any other questions and could not find your answer here, please feel free to call our professional sales staff and we’ll be happy to assist you. 800-757-6742
18333 Pasadena St.
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530